Tuesday, January 18, 2011

For Peace

The Serenity Prayer goes like this --
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.



Sometimes I get so caught up on having things my way; forgetting that we are not always supposed to be in control. God reminds us of that with this person and that, this situation, or circumstance, that is not as faviorable as we'd like.  We wrestle with our loss of control, I wrestle.... But where does all that wishing and hoping and worrying get me... absolutely nowhere. Well, thats not actually true. It gets me to place of constant unsubsiding--straight up anxiety, to the point where peace is no where to be found in me.  

God lets us go through these emotions-- waiting for us to pray and request His ultimate intervention.  What then is next? But complete and total surrender. We can not always change the way some one feels about us, or how a situation is turning out. Acceptance,  at times, is wisdom.


Agfreed

No comments:

Post a Comment