Monday, December 13, 2010

anxiety

I don't know about anyone else, but I deal with a significant amount of anxiety from time to time. And sometimes I really wish I wouldn't have to deal with this.  What helps me and what has helped in the past is
1) God- faith, knowing that God is with me no matter what happens and is keeping me company through  my episodes of anxiety
2) Nature- I find peace and happiness in nature, beautiful scenic places that are close by, this helps me get centered really easily and forget the pestering things that are getting my nervous or anxious in the first place
3) Music- especially classical or worship music
4) Getting away from whatever the problem
5) Affirming thoughts like " I can handle this, God is with me, no weapon formed against me shall prosper, no body really cares, this is not that serious."
It doesn't always work, like right now.  I'm nervous about some upcoming ventures, and I am working on preparing myself so I will feel more and more confident, but in the meantime, I feel like its a Goliath, mammoth task.  God is able. and I am able.
Does anyone have any other tips?

Living Freely

2 comments:

  1. I too love that quote " No weapon formed against me shall prosper". A tip I use is to breathe deeply before and during an anxious moment. It calms me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone probably deals with some amount of anxiety from time to time.

    I got a book by Joyce Meyer from the library the other day called, "The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly Without Fear." I have skimmed it a bit and she talks about overcoming fears and self-doubt. She explains what it means to be confident in God, not in your own ability. Very encouraging! I think you would like it!

    ReplyDelete